Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's my birthday!!!!!

Today I turn 32.  I am young at heart and old in mind and body! I love looking back and analyzing decisions I have made and so when I saw this on Jibberblog, I realized that I should do this today of all days!




"5 best decisions of my adult life so far"



  1. Marry Husband.  Best decision of all.  No doubt about it.  I am sure if you have read this blog for awhile you realize how much I love that guy.  Oh if I had the words! He rocks.  He knows me better than anyone, can see through my crap and adores me.  He knows what makes me laugh, what makes me tick and how to cheer me up.  Best decision.
  2. Move away from home! Husband and I packed up and moved 15 hours away from our childhood homes in our first year of marriage.  At the time, people thought we were nuts.  Really? The best thing we could have done.  It made a strong foundation for our marriage.  We were not stuck in a rut and could start "our" life and "our" family.  Dealing with infertility was hard but I think it would have been worse doing it surrounded by friends and family having kids.  Holidays were hard but we created our own traditions and started our own.  I stopped being known as "aren't you the girl that had that brain thing?" and just was me.  
  3. Buy our first business.  Made us dream big, take risks and learn to trust God more.  Made us work that much harder but in the end? The rewards have the potential to be great.
  4. Move again for a bigger risk! We are risk takers.  As my dad put it earlier today "if you go broke trying? Good for you.  If you go broke sitting at home on your couch? Not cool"
  5. Ultimate Leadership.  I went twice.  Changed my life.  Can't wait to go again.


So, we find out tomorrow if we get the house!!! The bank is saying it is good to go though so we are cautiously optimistic at this point.  We played around with a few more numbers and it seems like it might actually happen.  Fun part of all this? We get the house on April 25th.  Can we just say how insane that is??? We will remove conditions and then move less than 2 weeks later.  And 9 days after that? My sister, her husband and 4 kids are coming to visit. 

Breathe.....

1 comment: