Sunday, April 1, 2012

Half of my life and going strong!!!

Today is a pretty cool day for Husband and I.  Today marks the half way mark.  I have now spent half of my life with him! 15 years 360 days before and 15 years 360 days with.  Isn't that crazy?


We went out for an amazing romantic dinner last night to celebrate.  It was so much fun.  We talked about all that we have done and how much we have changed in the last 16 years.  What an incredible conversation! Compared to when we were 16, what dreams we had, what we had actually done and what we have done that we could not have imagined.  I will share some with you in case you are curious! Keep in mind that we started dating just before we turned 16, so we were brilliant and smart and mature.  Really.  We were.

At 16: What our dreams were for ourselves and where we wanted to be in 16 years
  • Husband: aviation mechanic
  • Me: stay at home mom 
  • Have 4 kids
  • Own a home
  • Own a business of some sort maybe hopefully
  • Have taken at least one trip somewhere cool
  • Live near our parents and siblings and raise our kids together
  • Still be madly in love
16 years later: What has actually happened
  • Husband: heavy duty equipment operator
  • Me: run a business
  • Can't have kids but have a dog.  One thing we said we would never do!
  • Have owned 3 homes and hopefully a fourth one soon
  • Have owned 2 different businesses.  Bought my first one at 28
  • Have travelled all over the world! Spain, USA (multiple times), all over Canada, Bahamas
  • Live INSANELY far from everyone! Husbands parents are 2 hours away but everyone else is at least 8! And no kids!
  • Are still madly in love.
What we want for the next 16:
  • become extremely successful
  • be the best aunt and uncle ever
  • own a home where we live now
  • still own a business but with us both working it
  • travel at least 4 times a year out of country
  • live closer to our family or have the means to see them often
  • still be madly in love

So yeah.  A pretty neat day.  I am so proud of us! That we have done this at such a young age.   I can't wait to sit down in 16 years and look this over and see what has changed.  Love that guy!


1 comment:

Steffie Rae said...

I love this post! Warms my heart! I have to wait 8 more years before I can say that! You 2 should be so proud of yourselves and I have no doubt you will achieve anything you both want. Big hugs!