Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quinoa Breakfast Bites

So this blog is not just about food, I just am on a stretch right now of trying new recipes! And if they turn out? Why not post them for you to enjoy.  More about life though soon.  Still waiting on house news and going crazy day by day.

So here they are!





Quinoa Breakfast Bites

(Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats)



3 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
3 eggs
3 egg whites
1 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded
2 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cup diced ham
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
3 green onions, sliced
1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste

Mix together in a bowl.  Spoon into mini muffin tins that have been well greased.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  Take out and let sit for a few minutes before eating! 

These are amazing.  Just sayin.  I saved some of the mix and made more fresh the next day and they were even better! When I make these again, I am going to make the mix the night before.  I served them with fresh fruit and lemon greek yogurt for brunch on Sunday.  Everyone was a fan.  

1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

Ok. Now I'm starting to get a little bit jealous about your cooking skills. Those look really good..even though I've never tried quinoa.