Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 1


Day 1

Something I like.


I like.....wait  for it....wait for it......


GOOD FOOD! I know.  Silly thing to write.  I really do! The dish above? Looks kinda crazy but is amazing.  I dreamt it.  You read that right.  I dream food.  I dream really odd recipes that have no rhyme or reason and they are always amazing.  This dish is two hashbrown patties, scrambled eggs, a mexican bean and veggie salad with a honey citrus dressing and goat cheese.  It really does sound odd, now that I write it out.  But man, if you could just taste it.  The salty of the hashbrowns and eggs, the sweet of the salad and the tangy of the cheese makes an incredible explosion in your mouth.

Ok.  I understand.  You all think I am wierd right now, but food really does it for me.  I cook all the time.  Or, I try to.  I hate to make the same thing twice.  Unless it is amazing? Doesn't happen.  I use one wierd ingredient a week that I have never had to make me try new things.  This week? My entire meal plan is off of a blog I read and I am using two new ingredients.  Butternut squash and pimentos.  Should be good!

People that know me well? Know that I alway know the good meal at a restaurant and some people even order what I do just because! It is silly but I love it.  One day? I want to actually take cooking lessons and become a certified chef.  It is on my bucket list.  Maybe one day! We will see.

What is your favorite food? Favorite meal? Let me know.  I would love to cook it!

2 comments:

Lollie said...

Wow! That does look amazing!

Dawn said...

It is! I have the recipe on facebook in my notes if you are interested in trying it! The salad recipe is there. A little time consuming but so healthy and tasty.