Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 13

Day thirteen: A picture of your favourite band or artist






This is a tough one.  I have thousands of songs on my ipod and not many from the same artist.  I am changing this one up a little.  


This is the list of top 10 songs played on my ITUNES on my computer.  Where I spend my days working.


Here goes:



  1. "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" by Big & Rich
  2. "Ain't No Other Man" by Christina Aguilera
  3. "Yeah" by Usher feat. Lil Hon
  4. "Not Ready to Make Nice" by Dixie Chicks
  5. "Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band
  6. "God Who is Able" by Friday's Cry
  7. "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me
  8. "How Great is Our God" by Chris Tomlin
  9. "Hallelujah" by Justin Timberlake feat. Charlie Sexton
  10. "Emptiness" by Tim Bartsch

Shocked.  That is all I have to say.  What an interesting mix!  I actually giggled a little as I was typing this.  For one, I hate country music usually so to have so many songs by country artists? Wow.  Another, could I have more trashy songs? Seriously? I need a music intervention.

Buy you know what? These are some of the songs that make me smile.  I could list about 20 more that I play if I need a pick me up or to just be happy.  Music touches my heart.  I love it.



I am also going to pick an artist! And by this, I mean a different form of art.



Peter Lik.  Have you heard of him? He is a photographer.




Freakin......amazing.


majestic.jpg


I stole this from his website.  Please don't be mad Peter! I promise I will buy one one day!!!

I don't even know how to describe his work.  I have been to three galleries so far.  It is my dream to one day own a few photos.  The one above is amazing.  You really should take a moment to go to his website www.peterlik.com and spend some time looking.  Dreaming.  Losing yourself in the emotions that his pictures create.

He is a natural photographer.  He uses a camera from the 1940's and does absolutely no photoshopping.  He used the natural light in the area and long exposures in order to get the photos he gets.  I have purchased one of his catalogues and look at it often.

Seriously.  Addicted to this man.  He is amazing.  My favorite artist for sure.


Check him out!

No comments: