Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

Stolen from Heather....thanks!




I know that I do these too often but I have been up since way too early yesterday and have not slept yet.  Getting a little delirious and want to post.  So here goes!

The New Year Meme: 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?

  • Rented a house
  • Lived in a HUGE city
  • Bought a scary as hell business!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I did keep some of them.  I am not sure if I will make more.  I like to make mid year resolutions.  Then the pressure is off.  Easier to follow through when you star in May!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Many people and more are pregnant! Hard to take some days but so excited for them all at the same time.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.  Not this year.  Hopefully not for a while!

5. What countries did you visit?

Just around Canada and the US.  Probably travelling a little less for a few years.  Need to pay off more debt and save for another house!

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

Better mental health! I am realizing how I let stress affect me and it bothers me.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

April 25th we moved.
April 27th we took possession of our new business

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

More creative cooking? Ultimate Leadership? And the purchase of our business.  Also, a happy marriage.  This is huge considering we work together 24/7.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Allowing people to hurt me.  People that I should have know better with.  Feeling inadequate a lot of the time.  Not trusting God to heal me and to guide me in what I am doing.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not really! Nothing too major.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Clothes! I found a store in the states that has the most amazing clothes!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Husbands.  What man gives up everything he loves to follow his wifes dreams? He is pretty spectacular.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

One whole side of my family.  So hard to deal with some days.  I really need to just not let them hurt me.  Easier said than done!

14. Where did most of your money go?

Living! Travelling for work and a couple trips for us!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Spending time in Terrace, hanging with my niece for 10 days, making a new friend, buying clothes at Torrid!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

Not sure! I have listened to a lot of music.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

a) both. b) Happier with my body but not thinner c) much poorer! Took a HUGE pay cut to do this job.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?


Taken better care of myself financially and mentally.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Been sad and felt inadequate.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I am heading to Hawaii with my dad and brother and sister-in-law.  Oh, and husband.  My dad lived there 36 years ago and built houses for the missionaries.  We are going back to see what he did! And meet the people he worked with.  

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

I fell more in love with Husband, more in love with good food and more in love with some friends.
22. How many one-night stands?

Only a few.  I kid, I kid.  NONE!

23. What was your favorite TV program?

Oh goodness.  I watch too much TV~

Glee, House, Bones, NCIS, Mike & Molly, Chuck, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I would like to say no, but I have been hurt pretty this year by a few people.

25. What was the best book you read?

No idea! I read all the time! Book and books and more books!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?


That I love live concerts.  That I love Kid Rock, but only live.  He is a little nuts.  Also? I like to sing.

27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to take a leap and did.  I wanted more healing and got some.

28. What did you want and not get?

My house sold.  It is now a rental.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

Definitely not those vampire ones.  The ones with Robert Pattison? Am I the only person that hated them and thought they were boring as hell and had horrible acting in them?

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 and had a birthday party! I had a blast with some very good friends.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

If I appreciated it more!

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

Slowly turning a little sexier and more modern.  A little more funk.  A little more edge.  Am still testing the waters.

33. What kept you sane?

Paige.  My dog.  No doubt.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Oh boy.  I watched Ocean's 11 and fell in love with Brad Pitt again! How pathetic is that? Not the old one of today, the sexy one in the movie.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?

Olympics.  Seriously? Did we have to go that far in debt for that? I mean, come on people.  Grow a brain.  It's a recession.

36. Who did you miss?

Friends in Terrace and my friends in GP.  Has been a hard year without that support group.
37. Who was the best new person you met?

My neighbor Stacey.  She is an amazing woman I am looking forward to seeing more of!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

That life should be lived passionately, and don't take it so seriously!


39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You are more than the choices that you've made
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes
You are more than the problems you create
You've been remade"
- 10th Avenue North (Stolen from Heather as well.)



I hope that you all had a good new year! I was stuck on a plane and not sleeping.  Not so good.  I will post some pics as soon as I get them organized.  Took over 800 so I need to go through them.


Later!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Heh shameless thievery is the backbone of the internet! ;-) Looking at your TV list made me realize I forgot to add Grey's and PP - oddly enough, they're the only shows on which I'm caught up :P