Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 9

Day nine: A picture of someone that got you through most.









This is husband.  I know you have seen pictures here before, but I love this one and he is the only option for todays post.

Husband asked me out April 5, 1996.  I said yes.  The end.

I kid, I kid.

He asked me out as I was dealing with a severe eating disorder and was trying to come to terms with the fact that an uncle had sexually abused me.
I was a hurting girl and am shocked that he was ever even attracted to me in the first place!
Since that fateful day (almost 15 years ago!!!!) we have been through more that the average couple. 

Some highlights and lowlights have been:

~attempted suicide on my part
~diagnosed with Chrohns for him
~9 months apart after high school
~losing a parent for me
~losing a grandparent for him
~brain aneurysm for me
~almost dying multiple times for him
~my weight struggles due to aneurysm
~my mental health struggles due to above list
~losing jobs
~moving to strange cities multiple times
~career changes like you can't imagine
~travelling
~losing friends
~gaining friends
~loss of children that we will never have

Oh the list goes on and on.  The sad thing? I lot of that happened in high school! The amazing thing? He still loves me.

More than I can even imagine.

He wants me healthier, in the head, and happier but will stick by me through the good times and the bad.

Could I ever ask for more?




No comments: