Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 5

Day five: A picture of your favourite memory






My favorite memory.  This is a tough one! I don't have many memories before my 18th birthday due to having a brain aneurysm.  Sucky but the truth.  I can't always tell if they are memories or dreams or stories I have made up.  I actually phoned my sister the other day to find out if a memory actually happened.  Annoying to say the least.


I think that my favorite memory would be......




my wedding day.







I was married May 20, 2000.


Back in the day before digital photos.  So forgive the quality.  These are photos of photos.


We were so young! Husband hates our wedding pictures.  He thinks he was ugly.  I just think he looks sick.  He was having a rough time with his Chrohn's disease at that point so he was really skinny.  I also think he looks like the boy/man I fell in love with.


I did a bridal portrait session the week before the wedding.  I love this picture!






I loved my bouquet.  Totally insane and huge and beautiful.  It smelled amazing!


Why is it my favorite memory?






He chose me.  He asked me.  We said I do and became husband and wife.  We became one.  We vowed before God and our friends and family that we would love each other and serve each other through sickness and in health (we have been tested on this one a few times!) and till death do us part.


We have remained friends, best friends, and still love each other.  The love has grown deeper, we have grown older and yet at the end of the day?








I would still say YES.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to celebrate that special day with you, you were/are so beautiful. Here's to many, many more years of marriage :D Love Amie

Dawn said...

Thanks babe! It was a fun day. Here's to many more years for both of us.