Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fabulous food for fabulous folks

I love to eat out.  Can I say that? I really do.  I also love to cook, but living in a massive city for the first time ever, I am finding all kinds of little local places that I love.  I am out for lunch often for business meetings so I get a chance to try a few options a week usually.

Here are some favorites (local) with menu items right off their websites!


  • URBAN DINER www.urbandiner.com

~ funky diner style food.  Today for lunch I had...
DINER MEATLOAF SANDWICH Cranberry Chutney, Sharp Cheddar, Roasted Garlic Aioli, a Diner Specialty…
with a side of chili



  • BLUE PLATE DINER www.blueplatediner.ca

~similar style, fancier and more expensive.  Had a very eclectic menu but amazing atmosphere.  Last time I was there I had....

ITALIAN MEATLOAF
A zesty version of traditional meatloaf – mild Italian pork sausage, ground beef, finely-diced carrots, onions, celery, basil and thyme. Topped with a garlic, basil & tomato sauce and shaved Grana Padana parmesan cheese. Served alongside mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables.

  • GURU www.gururestaurant.ca

~most amazing east indian food EVAR!!!! I love their butter chicken with the coconut rice.  Wow.  Just wow.  Eat there if you get a chance


I know this is a boring post, but I love food and when I find an amazing place to go and eat? I make sure I tell people.

No comments: