Saturday, November 26, 2011

Paint Update #2

The during....


So, my husband? Can we give a shout out to the most amazing man on the planet?????


Anyways, I am done painting.  Let me rephrase that.  I am done my portion of the painting.  I am done all the major walls.  Husband has to do the trim.  We are also wrapping the brown 9 inches or so onto the blue wall to look cool and maybe a stripe on another wall and I need help taping for that.  I am a little abstract and have a hard time with straight lines!

The paint.  I love it! It is so much cozier in here now.  I don't want to leave! I guess that is a good thing for an office.  I can't wait to hang pictures and a few lamps.  The desk and huge red shelf are also in the middle of the room and not put where they are supposed to be right now but I am making it work.  Husband is gone possibly till Christmas so I will have to deal with the unfinished paint and the weird furniture layout until then.

Wanna see pictures??????

Here we go.

Love the red against the blue! Makes it so pretty. 

A huge mess for painting

The brown! It was like painting with chocolate pudding! Wow.  I need to clean the red shelves.  The movers put plastic on them to protect them and it left a nasty film.

The paint was Benjamin Moored.  Love their stuff and worth every penny.  I used the Dark Taupe (the darkest on the one card) and the Buxton Blue.




A few things put back in place.


Overall? I am very happy.  I can't wait to have the rest of the yellow gone.  And the furniture back in place.  Looks like I need to do some filing too! (the top of the dark shelf).  I think I am going to rest for the rest of today and then tomorrow? Time to clean up this joint! My year end for my business is in 4 days so I have a lot of work to do before then.  I have also come up with some new systems for my office that will make it run smoother in the future.  No more chaos for this girl!

1 comment:

Melissa A. said...

I thought it looked great before, but I was wrong. This looks great - you should probably stop though, because I'm starting to get the itch to paint something myself.