Sunday, November 27, 2011

Menus galore!

I did it! I actually wrote down 365 different meals that I will make next year.  And maybe into the next year after that! Between work and travel I will definitely miss a few days, but my goal is to stop eating out as much and try a few new things.  I think I might succeed! I have decided that I am going to make copies of all the recipes and put them in a binder so that the whole thing is organized and together and easy to find.  The categories I will use:

  • soup
  • salad
  • pasta
  • casseroles
  • BBQ
  • sandwiches
  • beef
  • chicken
  • pork
  • breakfast for dinner
These are main course items.  I am then going to write on each page what the side dishes are.  I might leave that till when I actually make the items so that I have the freedom to change things up a little.  I have to admit I am quite excited! I added regular items, curiosity items, and just plain weird items! I am planning on blogging the whole process as well.  I might even be nice and post some recipes! I have been asked if I would be willing to make copies of the whole thing and sell/give them away.  And at the end? For sure.  If this works out, I want to make it into a cookbook for myself.  I have also been asked about weekly grocery lists with the plans.  I was thinking that I will have it all sorted by category and then take them out once they are cooked and put them in weekly plans together.  I might just throw in a grocery list or two.  I can't imagine selling it though.  I would probably just give them away.  Have to admit though, I am pretty darn excited to start thing whole thing.

Now to actually finish it! Get it to the starting point! I have started gathering all the recipes.  Hard though when some of them are in my head.

But on another happy note? Guess who came home again last night!!!! HUSBAND!!!!!! I am not sure he knows how happy that makes me.  He is working out of town so it is a big deal and a lot of extra driving for him to come home.  Makes me so happy though. Love that guy.

No comments: