Friday, November 18, 2011

The proof

is in the pudding.

I am weird.  And I am okay with this fact.  One of the weird things that I do is dream about food.  I am not talking "yeah! I am hungry and we went to a restaurant" type thing.  I am talking deep, in depth recipes.  Sometimes with ingredients listed.  Sometimes with a final look.  Always step by step on how to make it.  Some of them are random, some are completely strange and some are just yummy recipes.  Husband always likes it when I dream up food because those are some of the favorites at our house.

Some examples: a pasta casserole with cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots and chicken.  The sauce is mushroom soup, chili powder, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, johnny's seasoning salt (the greatest thing in the world!) and Italian salad dressing.  It is amazing.  I have also dreamt a lemon caper dill sauce over grilled chicken and stuffed potatoes.  The fun ones are when I don't know what the ingredients are but have a name and have to find them in the grocery store.  People look at you funny when they ask what you need it for and you reply "I am not sure.  It was in my dream"

So the latest in the odd dreams? A sandwich.

Start with two slices of toasted bread of your choice.  Put this yummy sauce on one side.  Seriously amazing.  Just saying.

Put this on the other side.  I love that I dream with random ingredients in my house that I forget I have.

Slice some cheese.  My dream specifically called for this cheese (that I thought I was out of) but I am sure any cheese would do.

Now it gets weird.  Fry an egg and a slice of leftover meatloaf. ( I had some in my freezer for Husbands lunches)

Prep your bread.  Wow.  Those look yummy!

Layer the meatloaf, then the cheese and finally the egg.  Grossed out yet?

Place it on a pretty plate and wonder what the heck you were thinking.

Take a bite and thank your dream.


Seriously.  My dad is here right now and was watching me make this and was laughing the whole time.  He then stole a section and claimed that it was "actually pretty darn good!".  He then asked for it the next day for lunch.  Oddest things make the yummiest food.  You guys should seriously try it!

And to end this ridiculous post? A picture of my cutie patootie nephew! 




No comments: