Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful

After yesterdays whiny sobbing mess of a post I decided that I need to remember to be thankful.

Today? Not feeling it so much, but I am going to force myself to think of things.



  • My marriage
  • My health
  • I have a roof over my head
  • My puppy
  • Family
  • Friends

Wow.  That was cheesy.  Let me try again.

  • Husband.  Frick he is fun.  I can't wait to laugh with him again soon.
  • My health.  While it is continually screwed up, I am alive.  Alive!
  • Roof.  It is a nice house.  I have space to breathe, a nice office space, enough bathrooms for me and all my family next Christmas, and room to put all my crap.
  • Paige.  Seriously.  Cutest thing ever.  Cuddles with me in bed.  Follows me around the house no matter what I am doing.  Love her.  Kind of my sanity some days.
  • Family.  They are an indecisive, annoying, spread across a country bunch but they are mine.  And I love them.
  • Friends.  For the ones that I know are out there.  I do have friends.  Just not many in this city I live in.  I think it is time to make some more.
  • Coffee.  For the months like lately where my stress is too high and I drink too much of the stuff.  Makes me happy though.
  • Shopping.  The habit I need to break horribly but makes me happy when stressed.  Even just a little something makes me smile.  Time to get rid of the bank and visa cards and do cash only.  That is my new years resolution.  Cash only budget again.  Will have to talk to Husband about that.
  • Blue skies.  On a day like today where I woke at 4 am with a panic attack, God has blessed me with blue skies.  Always cheers me up.
  • The future.  Today might suck, and tomorrow too, but I am constantly dreaming of the future and what it might hold.
  • Big D.  That is what I am calling the "girlfriend".  Not a reference to size.  Just she could be a big part of a lot of change in the next year.  OK.  Who am I kidding.  I went from chatting for at least an hour a day to my dad to maybe every few days for 10 minutes and the whole time is about her and her life and him and their plans.  Not sure when he will ask how I am doing again.  Wow.  That is a whole nother post.  Oh, the thankful part.  I am thankful that she is making my dad happy.
  • Comments.  You have no idea how happy I am when people comment on here.  Thanks Jibberblog.  You have made my day more than once lately.
  • Work.  While it is stressful and I feel like most days I am taking one step forward and two back, it is a job.  It is actually my own company! And I am not drowning yet.  I can get through it one day at a time.  I have a huge project I am working on right now that is going to drive me to drink but it will be incredible for the company and I am excited for January and February now.
  • Vehicles.  Have I mentioned that Husband has been out of town for days now? Since last Sunday? Over a week ago? But, if he can't take a day or two off (needs truck repairs and clean laundry and such) this weekend, I am going to DRIVE to him.  Not looking forward to it, but I can't wait at the same time.
  • Business meetings.  Some business meetings involve me being taken out for lunch.  These are always fun.  I have another one today!
  • Paint.  This room is starting to feel more alive.  I can't wait to finish it.  I will post pictures when it is done.
  • Christmas trees.  They make me happy.  Having all the lights die after it is decorated? Not so happy.  But that is OK.  I will just string on more lights on top if I have to.  Or undecorate it and start again.  Husband claims that it happened because I broke the rules and set it up too early.
  • Girls day.  I have one coming up soon.  I love those girls.  I can't wait.

All right.  It is time to get to work and start this day for real.  I have been up for 5 hours and have done nothing.  Yup.  I have done nothing.

But? This list did make me smile a little.

2 comments:

Melissa A. said...

Aww. I'd like to see pics of that puppy, she sounds adorable. I like this list - maybe I'll make one, to take myself out of the grumpies. I still can't believe you've posted every day this month, you're some sort of rock star or something.

-Melissa

Dawn said...

She is sweet. I will post some pics of her soon!

And I am no rockstar! Now to see if I can keep it up!