Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 15: A picture of something you want to do before you die

Just one thing? One picture? I don't think so!!!!

I want to:


  • Travel the world!
  • dadomatic.com

  • Go skydiving

  • Drive across Canada, down through the eastern states, back across, up the western coast and home.  All in one huge trip! According to google maps (Edmonton to New Brunswick to Miami to San Diego to Vancouver to Edmonton) it is 15,265 kms.  That's it! They say it will take me 6 days 21 hours driving non stop, give or take a few hours, but that it would take me 125 days and 13 hours to walk it! How silly is that! I am thinking we will drive.  I think it would be a blast! Take a month or so to do it and just go! The things you would see would be amazing.  I am thinking I would rent a car for that! Mile the sucker out big time!!! This is a dream.  I have not even told Husband about this one.  Wonder what he will say? 
          Have you ever gone on google maps and just punched things in to see how far away places are?

  • Become a Red Seal certified chef. (no picture for this one)


So? I did it.  I got my blood work.  And I didn't pass out.  Have felt tired and whiny all day since but I did it.  And did not even cheat on the whole book thing! So get this, Husband and I were talking last night and have decided to do a spontaneous trip.  End of September, beginning of November, we are leaving this country and going somewhere.  I read about this website 1-800-fly-europe and it sells of last minute plane tickets to Europe for super cheap.  How fun is that! The only catch? You have to book in the last 5 days before you go in order to get the really good deals.  Which means? We will have under 5 days to book a hotel/timeshare and everything else that we will need to book before we go! I am pumped.  I have to start saving money right away though if we are going to pull this off.  I want to go for at least 2 weeks.  Would like to do 3 if we can.  It will depend on how much I save and Husbands job and if they let him leave for that long.  They kinda like him and so they might say no.  But we will deal with that when the time comes.  Now to decide where to go.  I am still thinking Paris.  Why not! I want to wander the streets and eat gelato and enjoy myself.  Complete relaxation though.  The only thing? Have to lose another 30 lbs and get in shape before then.  Not really wanting to go there if I can't shop!

Other than the bloodwork? WHAT A BORING DAY!!!!! I have a list of things to do this week and I am not getting them done.  Monday I pushed myself too hard and have suffered for it all week.  Not really fun if you know what I mean.  I am also trying to decide if I am going to go surprise Husband tonight with a visit.  He is out of town and I would like to join him for dinner.  Wonder if he wants company! Or if I should just stay home and rest as he will be back at least on Friday night for the night. He is then gone again but that should be ok, right? Why am I missing him so much this week???

The one project I have to do is my budget.  I promised him I would figure out a budget for us.  What expenses we can lower, what we can cut and what we can change in order to be able to pay off more debt and travel more often. 

So you have a budget?







No comments: