Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 8 and an A to Z


I have no picture for you today.  The photo of the day is:

Day 8: A photo of your most treasured item.

I don't have an item to share.  I have some things that I treasure but more and more I treasure my marriage above all else.  You can look through previous posts to see silly and serious pictures of me and Husband.  But how do you take a photo of 16 of the most amazing years of my life? I treasure my marriage more than anything on this planet.  Tomorrow? You get another picture!


A to Z

A. Age: 31

B. Bed size: Queen.  I share it with Husband and a dog.  We have laughed about getting a king but would not touch each other at all! We love the cosiness of a queen.

C. Chore that you hate: Bathrooms and putting away laundry

D. Dogs: One.  Her name is Paige and she is awesome.  She is a toy fox terrier.

E. Essential start to your day: Getting ready! I work for myself and at home and therefore it is really easy to throw on pj pants and a hat and do nothing! I have to get fully ready for the day to feel good.

F. Favorite color: I don't really have a favorite but love most shades of blue and burnt orange

G. Gold or silver: Bit of both! Depends on what it is

H. Height: 5'5.5".

I. Instruments that you play: I can play some piano and used to play french horn

J. Job title: President? CEO? Secretary? a little of everything

K. Kids: none.  We were not blessed with bodies that could produce children.

L. Live: Alberta

M. Mother's name: Sherry

N. Nicknames: Lady, Duck, Uncle Dawn  

O. Overnight hospital stays: Brain aneurysm.  Yup.  I have a brain! Other than that I have only had a lot of day surgeries

P. Pet peeves: People who like you for what you have and how you look and not who you are, people who judge based on appearances, people with no common sense, I think I will stop now!

Q. Quote from a movie: have the worst memory for this stuff ever! Can't remember anything

R. Right or left handed: Right

S: Siblings: 1 brother 27 and 1 sister 33

T: Travel favorite: Europe! Hoping to make it back there this year!

U. Underwear: Cotton.  Boring.  Can't wait to be skinny to wear sexy stuff!

V. Vegetable(s) you hate: Any sort of squash and can't stand eggplant 

W. What makes you run late: Lack of a brain these days.  Or traffic.

X. X-rays you've had: Back, head, boobs, eyes, dental, brain many times 

Y. Yummy food that you make: I make a mean turkey dinner I have been told and some yummy casseroles from my head.  I also can make really yummy pasta

Z. Zoo animal: The baby monkeys.  They are always cute! And anything moving! So often when you go to the zoo, nothing is moving.
         
~Stolen from jibberblog (thanks!)



Daily Update in point form:
  • missing husband like crazy
  • had an amazing lunch meeting with a vendor who is a friend
  • in the middle of discussing some huge life changes with Husband.  All good stuff just big changes.  Excited for this next year! Stay tuned!
  • in the middle of figuring out a budget to go to Europe this fall.  Thinking a week in Amsterdam or Greece and a week in Paris.  Any other cities we have to check out? We want to save Italy for its own trip.
  • Only got 4 hours of sleep last night so today was a rough day.
  • Starting to realize that I will not be better soon.  Need to just breathe and allow myself time to get better.  Daily struggle let me tell you.
  • Dog acting really odd today.  Will not leave my lap or chest.  Really getting odd.
  • Had meatloaf and rice for the 7th time this week tonight.  Thinking I need to make something else.  The leftovers are never going to end! I swear it is growing in the fridge!
  • Realizing a good friend is leaving soon to move away and getting sad
  • Tried on dresses for my dads wedding to only realize that I am fat and look awful in dresses! Skirt and shirt it might be! I will try to lose more weight by then but no guarantees if I continue to feel like this!
  • Loving my clean bathroom.  Scared to use it for fear I can't keep it that way!
  • Finally did some laundry.  Load 4 in the dryer.  More to do tomorrow!
  • Going to go to bed and watch some tv on my iPad.  Can't wait to sleep.
  • Realizing that I have missed dreaming.  Really missed dreaming.

2 comments:

Melissa A. said...

"Dog acting really odd today. Will not leave my lap or chest. Really getting odd."

She's probably trying to force you to sit still and really rest. :)

Jen said...

I remember hearing about your brain aneurism. That's scary stuff.

I love memes! I miss doing them. :)