Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 16: A picture of someone who inspires you and a big project

So, he said yes!!!!! I told Husband about my insane road trip idea and he said "sure.  Why not! You know I love driving and we both love road trips.  When?"  I was so excited!

OK.  Shout out to Husband time.  Yesterday, I decided to go and join him for dinner.  Keep in mind he is far away at work.  I was talking to him on the phone and getting my stuff together, grabbed my over night bag, grabbed the dog and walked out of the house.  Locking the door behind me.  Notice something? Yup.  NO PURSE! Which means no keys.  Which means I am locked out.  And it is winter.  And I forgot a coat as I was just running from car to hotel later that night and thought I would be fine.  So, as I realized this, I quickly hung up on Husband because I was getting cold and trying to figure out how to get in my house.  Being the safety person I am, everything was locked.  EVERYTHING.  So, I embarrassingly walked to my neighbours house next door and asked if I could stand in the heat of their house, with my dog to make some phone calls.  I could not get ahold of anyone.  My landlord, the friend with keys, anyone.  So I phoned husband.  He at this point decided to drive home and rescue me.  He did.  He drove 2 1/2 hours to rescue me and my lovely 65 year old neighbors let me sit on their couch the entire time! They were so kind, but seriously...... HE DROVE HOME! Which also meant he had to leave at 5 this morning to go back to work.  He is amazing!

HUSBAND.... YOU ARE THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

And no.  You guys can't have him.  He is mine.


Day 16: A picture of someone who inspires me.



This little girl inspires me.  This is my niece.  Isn't she beautiful? And yes.  I bought her that super cute outfit :) This little girl is adopted.  She has had things happen to her that would make you vomit.  She is an innocent little girl with hurts bigger than you or I could ever imagine.  And yet she is taking them on! She is dealing with her past and living life and getting healing and is incredible.  I am incredibly inspired by her and her life so far and can't wait to see her grow up.
We also get the honor of taking her on an amazing trip for her birthday in a year and a half.
I am already planning and hope that it makes her smile so big and dream HUGE and
makes her see all that she means to us and what is all out there for her.
I love you miss baljit (nickname)


So, now that I am all done being sappy and wiping away my tears, here is what I did for 5 hours today~ One of my projects this week was to clean and organize my office.  It was in dire need and was driving me crazy.  Here are some before and after pictures!

Yes.  I need to do some filing!

Don't you have boxes of crap in the middle of your floor?


Best part of this office and yet a disaster! Stuff stacked and piled and literally thrown into this closet.

The most unorganized shelf ever! Those orange magazine holders? EMPTY! Underneath them? Magazines,

The infamous boxes and baskets of crap I had Husband pack upstairs for me.  Was all in the old office closet downstairs!


Another waste of space.  So unorganized! And yes.  They are dirty.  That is a film left on them from the plastic the movers wrapped them in and we can't get it off!

Binders of contracts, middle two? Not sure, and rows and rows of uniforms for stores.

This is all filing that needed to be done.  I hate filing.  And some cds, and a ring, and some random keys :)

No, Husband has not finished painting yet.  And I had no idea what was in the blue bag!


And finally some afters!!!!!
All clutter be gone! Some organized display space!!!

Check it out! Left side: binders still with contracts, a row of the remains of the picture project waiting for Dad to pick it up, and the middle row? Note pads.  Yes.  I am an addict.  I love notebooks in all shapes and sizes.  They are just almost all in one place now!  The middle: personal books and magazines on top, office decor stuff and cds in the middle.  Other open door: work binders that I access on a regular basis, middle shelf is watches, custom hole punches and logo golf balls for clients.  The last door stayed the same so I left it closed!

There is room to breathe!!!!!

Went through all my trays and organized them.  This one is current work on top, personal in the middle and future projects on the bottom.  The other one is banking on top, bills to pay in the middle and work to process on the bottom. Look how clean it is!!!

Made new files, filed old paperwork, filed all the new paperwork in this filing cabinet! Figured out what the keys were for and put them away, am wearing the ring and the CDs found a new home! I even went through the bottom drawer which is personal and threw out everything over a year old!

All orange things are full of magazines now, envelopes down one side, office supplies and paper down the other.  I even found my label maker! Oh, and the floor has nothing on it now! All put away!

Uniforms hung, everything has a home and a spot now and is clean and organized.  




The tray is stuff for the bookkeeper.

Yes.  You get a hundred pictures because I am so proud!!!

I have wanted to do this for months and am glad that it is finally done! I am now exhausted but that is ok.  I am alright with that.  And I even managed to pay some bills, book some lunch meetings and make some phone calls for work in the middle if it all!

YEAH ME!

Quick serious note? Got a call from my doctor this morning regarding yesterdays blood work. Seems a little quick for me and he is requesting that I come in right away.  Even if I just have to walk in.  Hmmm.  I am not going to think about it and just go in on Saturday when he is available and I have time.  Please pray it is all good!

No comments: