A true passion.
Anywhere is an adventure.
These pictures are of when I was in Laguna Beach a year and a half ago. I was walking on the beach and praying and looked up to see these two guys just standing there. The "ditch" was maybe a few inches wide at that point. A few more came and joined them and we stopped to watch. They grabbed their boards and started scraping away the sand to increase the flow.
In under ten minutes, it turned into this! It was incredible to watch. Have never seen anything like it! And probably never will again. They then stood on the sides and jumped into the middle and surfed or body boarded. It was absolutely amazing! We watched them for probably an hour before we had to leave.
An old man watching said that the home owners right there get them in trouble and hate it but that by the next morning the sand would all be filled in again like it never happened.
And it was.
Went to the doctor and the doctor said.....
- sugar levels at 6.6 for a fasting test. This is higher than he wants.
- other level that goes with this one to say that you are diabetic is normal. The high level is just from the PCOS that has plagued me.
- blood pressure low. Very low. Wants me to start exercising. Starting the diet on Wednesday. Once I am down 30, I am starting exercise.
- still have mono. Still in my system. Which means I still have to take it easy or I will be sick for life. This sucks.
- my B12 level is insanely low. Doctor cannot figure out how I am functioning right now.
- everything else is great!
What does this mean?
- I am officially now taking a daily small dosage of metformin to keep my sugar levels good so I don't become diabetic. My grandpa and all ten of his kids are. That would include my dad. I am screwed if I don't take care of this now.
- I have to eat more small meals a day. This is a tough one.
- I don't have a choice. I have to use exercise to lose my last 20 lbs.
- I am now on a list for quarterly blood work.
- I am now having to pop a lot of vitamins per day which is not lovely. They make me gag.
- I am not dying and I don't have cancer. That is a good thing.
Overall? Today was a good day. Tried out a new church. That was ok. Kinda big and loud, but I liked it. I think I will try it again next week. Then I went and bought a few groceries. Spent the afternoon resting my weary head and made Dad take me for dinner tonight! Such a lovely thing. I kinda informed him he was taking me when he got here. Poor guy! We then sat on the couch, watched a little tv and went to bed. Lazy but good day. How was your day? Anything interesting happen???