Wednesday, January 18, 2012

February 1st 2012

So, I am not feeling too joyful today.  I will do the joy dare in another post.  But, I am feeling hopeful.

I have been really struggling these last few months with my view of myself and my confidence.  To say that the roommate situation beat me down is an understatement.  I have not been myself and it is now harming me and my mind, soul, body and business.

Tonight, Husband and I had a talk.  I am setting up some huge goals for myself for this year.  I need your help.  Can you guys keep me accountable? You know if you have read this blog for more than a week that I use this blog as a little too much of a personal diary.  I spew out information that no one is usually interested in reading, yet I am honest and will tell you if I am failing myself.  If nothing else? I can look back in one month, two months, etc and see how far I have come.  So here they are.

  • Lose weight.  OK.  I know.  I have already said this, but what I have not said is how scared I am to lose more.  I have a fear of being skinny.  I realized that this week.  Not so much skinny as "normal".  What if I look ugly? What if people still look at me funny? (like I imagine they do now) What if I have no self control and can't actually lose any more? SO? I am kicking myself in the ass and getting on with it.  I am starting the diet again.  Like next Monday.  As in Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and voila! Gorge days starting on Monday. Wow.  Had no idea how soon that was :) I am going to do one 6 week session, stop for as long as I need to and then do another at least 3 week session.  I have booked a professional photographer for April so I need to look hot by then.  That is the plan at least and I am going to try! I am up a few pounds right now, hovering at 189 but that is OK.  I am doing a steak day tomorrow (seeing as how I am feeling sick anyways, who cares!) and that will set me back to my goal weight.  I should be able to lose (fingers crossed) about 35-45 lbs between now and my birthday.  So.  Am I excited? Not really.  Am I stubborn? No.  Not lately.  But I am going to do this.  And do a good job of it.  And I am going to lose the weight and celebrate a way healthier me.  A bigger post on what and how soon.  I promise.  And Tammy, wanna do it with me?????
    Time to take this?
    To this.  Ok, maybe not this small.  I was a little sick at this point, but a happy medium would be good.
  • Read.  I want knowledge.  I want to learn more about my business and how to grow it.  I want to buy books and read the ones I have and find articles.  I want to retain the knowledge and do something with it.  I want to succeed.  I want to make my business huge.  And I finally have a reason.  I want to help people.  I want to do missions in my own way.  I want to find something I am passionate about and sink my teeth into it.  I want to help the poor.  I want to feed people.  I want to give stuff and money away.  I can only do that if I have something and money.  I want to read.  I want to go to seminars and conferences and be so passionate about what I do.  I want to excel.  I want to meet people and have them feel my passion.  I want to help my current "employees" to excel and succeed.  I want this.  And as of February 1st, I will do it.  I am vowing to spend at least 30 minutes a day reading.  Something that will give me knowledge.  I am on the hunt.  I will do this.  I will build this business and I will make myself proud.  I will not let people beat me down and make me feel useless.  I will do this.
I am starting this book and the study guide that I have to go with it.

  • Become involved in a church.  I am not sure how to do this yet.  I am thinking a small group but my schedule is so random that I am not sure.  I am going to start with finding a church.  One that makes me excited to join it.  I am going to start by trying a few new churches and taking a serious look at what I want.  I want music.  I want passion.  I want young couples.  I want a group of people that don't care as much about the building and what they are wearing as they do about God and their hearts. I am on the search.
  • I want to be a better me.  I want to give more time to making me feel real.  I want more time to find hobbies, more time to cook and enjoy life.  I want to ignore the family issues and just live.  I am sick of being sad.  I am sick of being depressed.  I am not saying I will not hurt, but I am going to try to over come.
  • Save enough money to go to "Ultimate Leadership" next winter.  I have been twice and I want to go one more time.  I want to fix more of me and see how much better of a leader I can be.




So these are my lofty goals.  I will make sure I let you know how I am doing in all these areas.  We will see! I want it.  I do want to do these things and I start Monday.

Can I do it?

3 comments:

Steffie Rae said...

ABSOLUTELY!! Just know that there will be days you didn't do what you wanted and that is OKAY. Just refocus for the next day and carry on!
I too have started a workout/better eating goal and I wrote out on paper with markers why I want it and posted it next to my bed so I can stay focused first thing in the AM and last thing in the PM. Now I put sticky notes of encouragement all around it to keep me going! It's so lame but it is soooo working for me!

Tammy said...

Sorry Dawn No can do! I'm in Mexico soon and can't start until I get back since I will have ZERO ability to control my diet there.

Dawn said...

Thanks Steph and Heather! And the iPhone case is from the apple store. I love it too!

And Tammy? I guess you have an excuse. I will be doing it when you get back! And again after that I am sure. Can't wait for another girls day!