Thursday, January 19, 2012

OMG....

did I really just type that?

I have to do this Joy thing.  Just a sec.





Ok.  I am ready.

Joy Dare
Day 19: a grace in the kitchen, a grace in the weather, a grace that might never have been


  1. Easy! I made dinner tonight and it rocked!!!! I made tater tot casserole.  Yuck.  I know, right? I was craving some comfort food and so I rocked the kitchen and made one that was awesome.  The reason this is a grace? Husband was starved and he LOVED IT! Let me tell you what I did.
    • In a pot/bowl/9x13 pan mix 1 cut up rotisserie chicken, 2 cans mushroom soup, 1 small can black beans, 1 cup or corn, 1 TBSP chipotle chili powder (or less if you want it not as hot), 1/2 a can of chopped green chillies and some onion.  
    • Mix well.  Place in baking dish of choice.  I made it in my new Le Creuset because IT IS AMAZING! and I can't stop using it.
    • Layer tater tots on top
    • Sprinkle with cheese ( I used a salsa cheddar that was sampled to me today from a vendor.  Wow.  Can I just say amazing?????)
    • Bake at 375 for 45 minutes or longer if you want the taters crunchier
    • Eat
  2. We have had the most nasty week of weather.  Actually, it has just been cold, other than that? BY THE GRACE OF GOD, it has been amazing! It is supposed to warm up this weekend again for another really mild streak.  This whole winter has been one huge odd winter as far as weather goes.  But I am ok with that!
  3. I get to go work at the festival again tomorrow.  I am hoping and praying that I feel better by then! But if not? I have a worker ready to do it for me! This is abnormal.  She is even really excited to do half my weekend for me.  YEAH!
Needless to say, I am feeling a little more chipper today.  I also had an amazing meeting today where I was told that the vendors I deal with talk to each other and they all think that I am super nice and good to deal with.  Wow.  I needed a positive sign so bad.  Thanks God.  You rock.

No comments: