Thursday, January 26, 2012

A real post!!!!!!


I made cornbread! On a diet.  Yes I did.  It sucked.  The smell of cornbread? A new favorite.


Sour Cream Cornbread

1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream style corn
3 eggs
6 Tbsp butter, melted


Preheat oven to 450
Combine dry ingredients.  
Combine wet ingredients.  
Whisk them all together. 
Put 2 Tbsp butter in bottom of cast iron pan.
Heat on high on element till melted and pan is hot.
 Pour batter into pan.
Cook for one minute.
Put in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy!

Seriously? This is the most amazing corn bread ever.  Seriously amazing.  I served it with chili.

Joy Dare
Day 26: a gift before 9 am, before noon, after dark
  • my bed.  Seriously.  Who doesn't love those times in the morning when the air is crisp, you are toasty warm in bed and you are slowly waking up!
  • breakfast.  Hashbrowns, eggs, chorizo sausage, breakfast wraps, tomatoes, cheese, toast, waffles...yummmmmm
  • giggle time with Husband.  We love to lay in bed and talk.  That is our dreaming time.  Laughing, talking, giggling, wrestling and cuddles.  I love this time.
    • baths.  I love bubble baths and have them almost every night! A good book, candles and bubbles and I am good to go! (I did two for this one because I wanted to.  Deal with it!)

No comments: