Saturday, January 14, 2012

Joy Dare again....

and not feeling so joyful.

So, this little head cold I had? Yup.  Went to the doctor yesterday as I was continually getting worse to find out I have a double ear infection and strep throat.  Yes.  You read that right.  And I feel lovely.  PLEASE note the sarcasm.  Wow.  I am perma drugged and feeling quite nasty today.  I got 16 hours of sleep last night, woke up having just broken a fever dripping wet.  It was amazing.  Poor Husband has been getting me juice and doing laundry all day.  He is amazing.  I am trying to find some joy in this day and the only thing I can think of? It is snowing.  We have not had snow in over a month.  There was green grass people.  I live in northern Canada.  We don't have green grass in January.
Source of picture

So here I go.  Trying to be joyful.  If I looked less like death? It would be easier.

Joy Dare

Day 14: 3 ways you glimpsed the startling grace of God

  1. the fact that I am not at the festival this weekend.  I would not be able to do it if I was feeling like this.  I guess this is grace.
  2. Husband is alive.  I have stood in a hospital room way too many times and been told that they were concerned for his life.  To say goodbye.  To call the friends and family.  He is alive.  And doing good.  Every day is a gift and one more grace from God.
  3. My nieces and nephews.  These are kids that have been beaten and abused, drugged and forgotten about.  By the grace of God, some government official finally took them from their mom and they are in our family now.  When I look at them I see grace.  They are hurting, they are lost at times, they are now having to deal with their pasts and I am proud of them.  I hope that they are healed and good to go! (as odd as that sounds) before they are adults.  Too many of us wait too long to deal with our lives and suffer more because of it.  I love them soooooo much.

Ok.  So that was easier than I thought.  Thanks God.

Husband leaves for work again in the morning.  I am home this weekend just watching too much tv! And enjoying every moment.  Please pray that my self esteem stays high.  When I am sick, I feel so mentally weak and it makes me scream! I all of a sudden am useless, fat, ugly, unlovable, dumb, etc etc etc.  You should have heard my breakdown last night! Poor guy.  Husband just giggled at me and loved me anyways.  Please pray that my brain shuts down and my body heals rapidly.

Thanks.

No comments: