Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why do we all believe in something?

This was the question that Husband asked me as we were driving around town today for work.

This would be part of the Joy Dare.  Bare with me.

Day 17: one gift that made you laugh, one gift that made you pray, one gift that made you quiet


  • Laugh: Husband.  Seriously.  He knows what I need.  All. The. Time.  Last night, he tickled me till I almost peed my pants.  As I was ready to kill him, I stopped and thought "wow.  That is the first time I have laughed in over a week".  That is unlike me.  I needed that laugh so bad.  Thanks babe
  • Pray: On of my co-workers (not sure what to call the store owners) has been trying to get his wife here from Afghanistan for 18 months.  She is sick and needing medical help that she cannot get there.  He flies there twice a year to be with her but she is in a really dangerous area and it is very hard on them.  (he is from there originally).  I stopped by his store today and found out that the Canadian Embassy there granted her Visa (a year earlier than expected) and now are just waiting for the paperwork so that she can finally move here.  I laughed, almost cried, left and then prayed and thanked the Lord that I live in such a safe place.  Yes, it is dangerous, but when you hear stories of bombs shaking pictures of the walls of the room you are sleeping in, it feels pretty darn safe if you ask me.  What an amazing country we are lucky enough and blessed enough to have! YEAH CANADA!!!!
  • Quiet.  The question above.  Why do we? Why are people constantly searching? And what a way for Satan to get in there and destroy people.  I love God.  I am not ashamed of that.  I am a Christian and I believe.  But how can people believe a cult/religion that tells you to hate people? To kill people? To kill yourself? There are some screwed up beliefs out there right now.  Some scary ones.  I think that we live in a world of people that are all searching.  For a better spouse, a better job, a better haircut, a better life.  If we believe in Karma, it makes us better.  If we believe in reincarnation it will make us nicer to things and people (that mosquito you killed? Could be my relative!!!) If we believe that we are right and everyone else is wrong, it gives us validation in our screwed up thoughts.  I am always annoyed that people only pray when life is hard.  I am one of those people sometimes.  I annoy myself.  But why are we always searching? Are we ever just content with what we have? 

On that note, Husband and I have felt like we were going backwards for the last year.  Like we are in limbo.  Like we are not doing anything big.  Is it that we are? Going backwards that is, or are we just not moving forward at such an extreme rate that we feel lost.  I have been thinking about this lots lately.  Pray for some guidance for us.  We are both frustrated with life right now.

But other than all that deep stuff? We are good.  Husband was home today which was frustrating but amazing for me as I was needing a chauffeur.  I love our time together.  As much as we need the money of working? These days are amazing.  It was also insanely cold today! It is supposed to drop to -37 celsius tonight.  That is freakishly cold! Time for some more hot chocolate!

Oh, I never posted any pictures of our yard this summer! Here are a few when it was still fairly green.
Yes.  I needed to weed.  I liked the jungle feel! This is leading the the back corner of the yard.

This yard had some sort of flower blooming all summer.


Looking up from the top picture.  So green!

Towards the other corner.  It is a huge yard! Anyone want to come and garden for me?

My cousins kids playing catch with our dog.



Huge flowering bushes surrounding the deck





No comments: