Monday, January 9, 2012

Joy Dare

Day 9: a gift in your hand, a gift you walked by, a gift you sat with

This one is hard!

  • A gift in your hand-I would say my phone.  How pathetic is that! Husband made me get a phone years ago and it is my sanity some days! I am no longer tied to my office, out of touch from people or alone.  I can always call someone.
  • A gift I walked by-on my way to my office tonight to write this, I walked past the light wreaths that Husband hung up for me.  He climbed a ladder (he is terrified of heights) up 17 feet to hang them in the window above our entrance for me.  Not sure they will ever come down! But I love them and seeing them makes me so happy
  • I sat with my brother and his family on my couch tonight.  My nephew smiled and giggled in my arms and it made me happy.  A little sad, but happy.  I am realizing more and more how hard it is to not be a mom but at the same time how happy I am for my siblings and family.  Falling hard for that little boy though.  I will admit that :)


Above and beyond this? My dad was OK.  Husband was out of town all day.  I woke too late, worked for about 5 hours, had a nap which is always nice, worked a little more, watched TV, put away laundry and then watched more TV! Could be an issue.  All that TV watching.  It was good though.  My lunch date cancelled but I get the Muttart later this week so I will be OK.

How was your day? 

No comments: