Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last day


Ok.  I know that this calendar I have is disturbing.  But it makes me giggle!

So, today is the last day of this whole Joy Dare thing.  I have liked it this month.  I think that it came at a perfect time and due to my OCD tendencies, I actually did every one! I laugh at things like this.  In order to keep myself blogging every day? I just need more of these.

Random fact for the day: On my street, the UPS truck comes at least once per day.  And it always stops at the same 2 houses.  I am figuring some crazy drug ring (I watch too many CSI style shows) or some lady has some serious shopping habits and is getting deliveries from all over.  And no.  I am not a creep.  My office window faces out on the whole street.  I am at the bottom of a cul-de-sac so I can see the whole street all the time when I am working.  Ok.  That is kinda creepy.

Back to my day.  I woke up at a reasonable time today and went straight into my office.  I then got an amazing amount of work done before my brain shut off completely.  I am actually proud of myself! I think if I do this everyday this week, I will get some things done!!!! YEAH ME!

My grandpas sister is dying here in town and so my grandpa and grandma are coming to my house tonight.  They are here for dinner, with their driver (sounds fancy, right? Really it is my dads best friend who is a gem and is spending three days here to drive them around) and spending the night.  I am not sure if they are here for more than tonight though.  They hate to "put people out" when we all really just love having them here and want them to stay.  They are so silly.  You will have to kick me out when I am old! None of this leaving right away crap.  So it will be nice to see them.

Oh yeah! Remember that puzzle I was doing? Yeah.  Epic fail.  I could just not do it.  It was insanely hard and made me insane and so I decided to start a new one.  I am now working on this one:

From Cobble hill website

A little easier if I do say so myself.  I am actually almost done! I have some green left to do and that is all.  I will probably finish it in the next week.  I decided I need easier ones to do.  I don't mind the 1000 pieces but good grief.  At least give me a few clean lines to work from.  I am finding it really relaxing though and actually thinking of one to do next! YES WORLD! I AM A GEEK!!!!!!

Husband left for work again this morning.  He could be gone for a few days? Or a few months.  How is that for keeping my brain from not being sad! I hate not knowing how long he is gone for.  I always think the worst though and then when he gets to come home for a couple days like this last weekend, then I am happy! 

I should finish this Joy Dare off and start the rest of my day.  Time to get ready for the day and have lunch and then I have a meeting this afternoon.  Pray that my brain functions!

Joy Dare
Day 31: a gift found on a paper, in a person, in a picture
  • words.  The ability to read a book and escape into the life of the character.
  • Kindness.  Love.  Acceptance.
  • Memories.  I lost all my childhood memories for the most part when I had my aneurysm.  I love looking at pictures and seeing my childhood again.

2 comments:

Melissa A. said...

I like your 'on paper' joy. That's a good one. I do love to read so I'm surprised that didn't occur to me. And puzzles, yay! I love the 1000 piece hard ones. I did one of rows of pencils last Christmas, love it.

If it helps, my 'office' is in the back of the house and sometimes I actually get out of my chair to go see where the ups guy is going or if there's anything going on outside. I'm nosy and I freely admit it.

What does your husband do that he's gone for unpredictable times?

Lollie said...

Sadly I could not keep up with the Joy Dare:( But I'm glad you did!! :)