Monday, January 9, 2012

January's Joy Dare

So I have been having some January blues this month and saw this on my friends blog and have decided to copy it! Thanks Lollie! Check out her blog mylifeaslollie.blogspot.com

So, I am a lot of days behind, but I will play catch up today and then go from there!

You can find the original dare at   thttp://www.aholyexperience.com/2012/01/the-1-habit-your-new-year-cant-do-without-giveaway/


Day 1: Three things about yourself you are grateful for

  1. My smile.  I sat with a group of homeless men last night at a festival visiting and they said the only reason they would talk to me was because of my smile.  It was an amazing experience.  They were all volunteers from a local shelter and were recovering addicts.  They were beautiful people.
  2. My heart.  I have a huge heart.  It gets me in trouble.  I hurt for people and love them way too much.
  3. My eyes.  They tell my story.  They sparkle when I am happy.  Twinkle when I am being mischievous, go dull when I am sad and look tired when I hurt.

Day 2: A gift outside, inside on a plate
  • Outside: the lack of snow and ice for driving.  Making this city easier to get around in!
  • Inside: my comfy home.  I am happy to be in it.
  • Plate: the amazing caramelized onion, bacon, egg and provolone wrap I had yesterday at the festival.  

Day 3: 3 lines you overheard that were graces
  1. Love you babe.
  2. You can do it! You are amazing at these things!
  3. Thank you so much for that food.  You fed 300 people that would have gone hungry tonight.

Day 4: One gift old, new and blue
  • Old: friendships.  I love reconnecting with old friends that have been here forever.
  • New: my Le creuset pot.  I am in love.
  • Blue: the walls in my office.  They make me feel peaceful.
Day 5: Something you are reading, you're making, you're seeing
  • Reading: Kisses from Kaitie.  Amazing book
  • Making: A paper flower.  I will post pictures if I ever finish it!
  • Seeing: I am heading to the Muttart again this week and can't wait to see the new flower display!
Day 6: One thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart
  • Bag: too many things of lip stuff
  • Fridge: cheese.  11 different kinds of cheese.
  • Heart: Husband.  I am falling more in love with him daily right now.  His support, kindness and love amaze me.
Day 7: 3 graces from people you love
  • Husband who did all the laundry and cleaned the house when I was gone this week and then cuddled on the couch to watch a movie with me last night when he was crazy tired and had to go to bed
  • My family who love me no matter what
  • My friend K that came up to help at the festival even when we didn't need her and had to send her home.  
Day 8: Light that you caught, a reflection that surprised you a shadow that fell lovely
  • The light in the eyes of the man I met last night when I just sat and talked with him.
  • My comfort level at sitting and talking with that group of men
  • The 4 year mark of my mom passing yesterday and being able to get through it with some happy memories.  For some reason, this year has been harder than others.


I am looking forward to doing the rest of the days.  Some are easy, some are hard but it is good to think of these things.  

Have a wonderful Monday world!